Vocal ID for your computer

Rate this topic

Guest Wellington

Guest LauraKrycek
Ugh, that'd be too much like when my brother, years ago on our first family computer, discovered how to make it so that when AOL started, it played a sound bite.  He made it play Queen's "Princes of the Universe" (AKA the theme song from Highlander: The Series), so every time you wanted to get on the computer, you had to wait through Sean Connery's monologue (Through the sands of time we came, moving silently down through the centuries, or whatever) and then the whole song.  Can you say an-noy-ing!

I hear ya' Laura!  I loved that show, and the song was cool, but that would've driven me nuts after the first time! :rofl:

I considered getting one of the MM sound bites to play on mine (I have AOL, too), but I knew that, as long as I wait to logg-on, that would drive me up the wall!  So, I use the MM drum sound for logging on, and new mail.  When I first turn the computer on, & click my name (family computer), it plays Frank saying "Soylant Green is People"! :wink_big:  :frank_black:

Guest LauraKrycek
I set it up so that when I turned on my computer, Frohike's voice said "Hellooo, pretty lady!" and on shutdown, it said "She is so hot!".  Unfortunately, though, when my computer crashed and then I got my new one, I lost all my sound files (as well as all of my other precious belongings, as well as several scripts and a 10,000 word story).  I'm still looking to find some again, if anyone can give me a tip... right now, all I've got is a promo CD that was sent to radio stations with sound bytes from the first two or three episodes of TLG.

I hear ya' Laura!  I loved that show, and the song was cool, but that would've driven me nuts after the first time! :rofl:

I considered getting one of the MM sound bites to play on mine (I have AOL, too), but I knew that, as long as I wait to logg-on, that would drive me up the wall!  So, I use the MM drum sound for logging on, and new mail.  When I first turn the computer on, & click my name (family computer), it plays Frank saying "Soylant Green is People"! :wink_big:  :frank_black:

.....season-2 of the great "HIGHLANDER" was just released on DVD last month. as i'm sure you know,erin,S2 was when the show really just exploded in terms of creativity,writting,ratings and the stroke of genius in bringing out "the watchers" and the character of Joe Dawson,as played by jim byrns. i have just recently read,via "VARIETY WEEKLY",that "PANZER/DAVIS" and "LION'S GATE" do,in fact,plan on releasing the entire 6-season run of the series on DVD! :cool-big: !      

....and i just looooved the appearances of Roger Daltrey as Fitzcairn. Paul and Daltrey had great chemistry together. ...to my mind this is one of the few shows that got better as it went along. also,the FANTASTICAL MM-director Thomas J. Wright,directed several Highlander eps as well as was featured in "the making of highlander" featurette where he spoke frequently and was shown directing the PILOT of the series!  

...the S2 transfers are really top notch and the sound is heavenly with lots and lots of nice extras including some episode commentary by Adrien Paul.

"...there can be only one!!!",

se7en :ouro:

• 3 months later...

After providing some tongue-and-cheek voice ID's (see above), I've settled on a finalist:

"God's holy trousers!" from The Man Who Would be King, Sean Connery and Michael Caine's finest performances bar none.

"No!  Try not.  Do.  Or do not.  There is no try."

-Yoda, The Empire Strikes Back.

or...

"There is no spoon."

-Neo, The Matrix

Or what about....

"I need more life ... f***er!"

- blade runner

"Too bad she won't live" ("but then again, who does")

- blade runner

"No bucks, no buck rogers"

- the right stuff

"The Spice... is vital to space travel"

- Dune

"We were somewhere around Barstow" (and so forth... cut short to make logging in easy... )

- who remembers this one?

Guest Polaroid Stalker

How 'bout these classic lines:

1.  "Goodbye, Mr. Anderson..." Agent Smith in "The Matrix"

2.  "You won't like me when I'm angry," The Hulk in "The Hulk"

3.  "They mostly come out at night... mostly." Newt in "Aliens"

-- Stephen the Stalker  :Ouro_Large:  :Owls_Ouro_Large:  :Ouro_Large: