The Garden

Rate this topic

Doll thats not him.

Either look at the credits and you will see that the man is played by someone else or i think that info might be on the DVD extra stuff

I didn't have time to re-ck the dvd before returning it, if I waited longer blockbuster w/d've made me buy it. I did recently go on imdb & Lance isn't listed as a voice credit. He's listed as the mentor. If you view Lance's filmography the ones that are only voice roles are designated with (voice) behind his character's name. Is that a typo, referrence to Starkweather?

Brent Taylor ... Charles Starkweather

Shannon Lucio ... Caril-Ann Fugate

Jerry Kroll ... Sheriff Merle Karnopp

Lance Henriksen ... The Mentor

Either way, I do remember seeing that distinct line for sure, just like Lance has; on the left cheek of the mentor -> b/c @ that time I rewound the scene & paused it to get a better look.

i swear i have either read or seen it somewhere that It was Lance's voice that was used not the shadow image

no problema bday boy

• 2 weeks later...
Guest MillenniumIsBliss
i'm waiting for my dvd of The Garden to arrive, probably w/in the next 2 days. Yeah!! :kickin::alien:

It stops a little short of being great (IMHO), but I think you will enjoy it. I know I did, and Lance is really great in it. I was a slight tad disappointed in it, but only because my expectations were so high, and it was a little different than I expected. Don't misunderstand though, I thought it was very good and well worth the rental fee. :yes:

It stops a little short of being great (IMHO), but I think you will enjoy it. I know I did, and Lance is really great in it. I was a slight tad disappointed in it, but only because my expectations were so high, and it was a little different than I expected. Don't misunderstand though, I thought it was very good and well worth the rental fee. :yes:

I already know that I'm very fond of this movie; can't wait. :kickin:

• 2 years later...

I bought this DVD recently from DeepDiscount for around 5 bucks and it's not bad.

Lance is great in it, a lot of him in it, me feels, especially the comment about technology made me think that.

The film managed to keep me interested throughout while the story is simple and thin, the actors do a good job and there are pretty neat shots and costume and production design in it.

Don't expect an epic film and you might enjoy it more.

The video presentation is fine and the audio was good as well, impressive sound design for such a low budget film.

The behind the scenes is nothing more than what is called B-roll, not very fun to watch but cool to see Lance all casual in his bad ass leather jacket on set. :D

I've yet to watch the film with the director's commentary, will do so soon, I hope it's not gonna be a snooze fest.

If you can find it cheap, then go for it, Lance is great in it and makes it all the more interesting for it.

:thumbsup: A decent movie folks, I really enjoyed it.

I kept getting vague shades of "The Shinning" and "Omen" from this film but not in such a way that it felt lifted, just reminiscent of. What I wasn't suspecting was the significant degree of symbolism in this film with many Judeo-Christian themes that might pass many a viewer by who is not versed in these things.

I thought Lance was superb, as always, and Adam Taylor Gorden was surprisingly good as well.

The cinematography was also very accomplished for the budget and to be honest the only thing that let this movie down was the plotting but that aside, a damn good effort and one I very much enjoyed.

• 5 months later...

BEER-----> Just got to see this film last night. It was well produced and I give it a B+, with a strong performance by Lance. But alas, his charcter died again ( I think) at the end.

BELCH

I am so upset that I missed it last night. :doh: Got busy with something and forgot all about it. :cry: Sure hope they show it again soon. :ouro: