FRANK BLACK RETURNS IN X FILES 2

Rate this topic

As much as I love MM, I understand that stores don't stock it, because there isn't demand for it. It's almost 2008. Be glad that you have the good taste to have enjoyed it, but I'm not holding my breath that it will return - and if it should return could it possibly live up to our expectations? I doubt it.

is there a Best Buy in your area?

where i live the Best Buy is loaded with MM dvd

Guest Frank L.

I never thought I'd say this, but I hope Frank Black isn't in the movie. It just doesn't work. This is a movie about Mulder and Scully. There shouldn't be too many characters. And I hope Carter & Co have learned from their previous XF-MM crossover attempt.

Guest Heath328
is there a Best Buy in your area?

where i live the Best Buy is loaded with MM dvd

Yep, I bought all three seasons at the Best Buy in Valdosta.

Also, if you order online through Best Buy they deliver to your home in less than two weeks, usually.

Guest Heath328
I never thought I'd say this, but I hope Frank Black isn't in the movie. It just doesn't work. This is a movie about Mulder and Scully. There shouldn't be too many characters. And I hope Carter & Co have learned from their previous XF-MM crossover attempt.

Depends on the story, I think.

The problem with the original crossover attempt was that we wanted a big, final conclusion to the events of "Millennium." We were led to believe that's what we would get.

That didn't happen, of course. Frank Black and his world were treated as an afterthought for what was otherwise a throwaway episode.

(Best part of that episode? The last five minutes. "The world didn't end ...")

That said, if it's apparent from the outset that Frank will be a supporting character in a big "X-Files" story, we can concentrate on enjoying the story without any huge expectations.

There's no reason why Mulder & Scully couldn't look up Frank and ask for his help, etc. The possibilities are endless.

And let's face it ... while I've long held out the hope that we will see Frank Black again, perhaps untethered by the Millennium Group mythology, maybe not, that hope remains faint. The only thing Hollywood cares about is money, and it doesn't look like the suits think "Millennium" is profitable.

Guest ZeusFaber
The problem with the original crossover attempt was that we wanted a big, final conclusion to the events of "Millennium." We were led to believe that's what we would get.

I'd be interested to hear what makes you say that, Heath. Were there some promos or articles or something which led you to believe that?

Guest Laurent.

I think it was clear in the writers minds (Spotnitz and Gilligan if I remember correctly) that the episode was more of an excuse to revisit the characters. I think Spotnitz said it clearly in the season 3 bonus that he knew the task of bringing closure to Millennium couldn't be done in a forty minutes episode where you also have to introduce the concept for neophytes. Can't introduce and close a story like Millennium's in one episode. If closure has to come for Millennium, it will have to be in a movie or a any project dedicated to the show.

Back to the main topic, I still think that the less 1013 characters Mulder and Scully encounter in their new movie, the better it will be for everyone. They must concentrate on the story... not the background of the show.

Yes, I live near Best Buy and Super Target and giganto Walmart and they rarely have more than one MM in stock. They had plenty when they were released, but now it's about other shows. Joe, does St. Louis still have Stix, Bear, and Fuller? I doubt I spelled that right.

Yes, I live near Best Buy and Super Target and giganto Walmart and they rarely have more than one MM in stock. They had plenty when they were released, but now it's about other shows. Joe, does St. Louis still have Stix, Bear, and Fuller? I doubt I spelled that right.

no they are gone. but i do remember those stores being around. i think stix use to have a restraunt at the top of their store

oh those where the days

Gosh, no my friend we wanted 'Hammer House of Horror' salt circles, bits of 'old caca' about 'bible scripts' and dead people tinkering with their mobile phones. It is truly unfair of us to demand something resolute, considered and profound. I take such irksome issues with this episode as it plays to every B-Movie stereotype, every occult simplicity and champions those that seek their source material in Steven King and Dennis Wheately. Why was it so 'difficult' to research zombification, God knows the truth is out there, if you wish to see how Zombisim can be handled with maturity and consideration then watch 'Serpent and The Rainbow' a truly absorbing slice of Voodoo theology with a researched science married to a rich narrative. I know that this episode is a poison chalice amongst Millenniumistics, the X-Philes turn a blind eye as they know no better, but to give Frank a send off that consisted of old garbage about salt circles (no occultist as ever sprinkled table salt for any reason other than flavoring their pizza) and rank stupidity with regards to necromancy quite rightly affords this episode the moniker of 's***'.

Whether or not the intention was to close the arc of Millennium or simply dip toes in its mythos this is probably one of the worst examples of television I have ever watched. For that reason if the mighty soul of Frank Blank is not to be exposed to this rubbish again then it may not be a bad thing.

Edited by ethsnafu

Guest Laurent.

Wow eth :clapping: ... now that was clear and direct! I knew you could express yourself as clearly with fewer words! :clapping:

Glad you shared your view on this one... even though I really can't say that I agree 100%. I thought it had some positive points and beautiful moments. But I must say that it is a bit far in my memory right now; and your posts scared me too much to watch it again any time soon!! :fool: