Back to Frank Black -- The Millennium Movie Campaign

Rate this topic

Guest lilblackgirl

• Elders (Moderators)

Needless to say that I admire Donkeyjote's work as well, plus his passion and devotion for Millennium. :rock2:

I truly hope that we will get started soon.. One thing I'm sure of: a campaign for a Frank Black movie won't do any harm!

Guest Jim McLean

I would happily work along side another in any capacity I can.

My only concern is I don't want to be putting maximum effort in by myself!

Actually two concerns:

If we do this, we do it through mature and non-aggressive tactics. While Donkeyjote has done a fantastic first step, I don't want to be part of anything that looks to promote an issue through negative pressure tactics.

As soon as there was talk of putting pressure on FOX through negative modes (say Youtube), I was turned right off the campaign. We keep it direct, we keep it co-ordinated and we keep it honest.

First off, I strongly believe we need Graham and TIWWA onboard. TIWWA is a Carter hub that I think would show the fandom collectively to believers, the production and industry. So before we do anything, we need to agree on two things:

1. That any work on a campaign is co-ordinated centrally - no maverick posts/letters that doesn't represent the statements and philosophy laid out here. No "plague" of Youtube clips.

2. We have to see if Graham and TIWWA would be interested in working on this on a proposed mission statement. Given his site - his property - would be connected to such a campaign, we would have to run it as he saw fit. So really, if I take some responsibility, it would really have to be co-shared with Graham as we need a "base/headquarters/hub" and I can't see a better place that represents such a campaign as TIWWA.

Edited by Jim McLean

Dear Laredo,

I agree wholeheartedly with your words and would go as far to say, knowing most members as I do, that the sentiments you display will be echoed by all of TIWWA. That said, as far as brainstorms go, this thread has been most successful. I guess there is nothing further to note on this subject and I am sure that if Graham has the time he will cast a glance over your proposals and impart his wisdom with regards to the points you raise and i am sure all will respect and uphold his feelings on the matter. I do feel strongly, however, should a green light be given to this project that it is time it moved beyond musings and into real groundwork.

Best wishes,

Eth

1. That any work on a campaign is co-ordinated centrally - no maverick posts/letters that doesn't represent the statements and philosophy laid out here. No "plague" of Youtube clips.

I totally agree. All we need is a compaign "Headquarter" and the coordinator. Then we have to have a strong plan (we can base it on Donkeyjote's to-do list) and then we can start action! ;)

Guest Jim McLean
Dear Laredo,

I agree wholeheartedly with your words and would go as far to say, knowing most members as I do, that the sentiments you display will be echoed by all of TIWWA. That said, as far as brainstorms go, this thread has been most successful. I guess there is nothing further to note on this subject and I am sure that if Graham has the time he will cast a glance over your proposals and impart his wisdom with regards to the points you raise and i am sure all will respect and uphold his feelings on the matter. I do feel strongly, however, should a green light be given to this project that it is time it moved beyond musings and into real groundwork.

Best wishes,

Eth

Precisely. I want to hold off to see what Graham's stance is on this, and if he agrees, maybe run the workings from a private forum.

But essentially, IMO, first step is to draft a cohesive letter that explains our intentions, our base (if we have one) and send that to relevant agents of the show. If we can get a quote or backing from any one invested in the show we have grounds to start working on press releases. A simple website is also important. If we can get a website up and some response from any of the creative/actor representatives, we can look at moving to the online press groups.

To me, it seems we need official support to warrant press interest and a website to allow people access to letter templates and online petitions before we go anywhere further.

Guest Laurent.
Good plans! Now we'll just have to wait and see! :praying:

Well not exactly. There's nothing done yet... the waiting will come next.

Did someone email or PM Graham? Once we know we can use TIWWA, it'll be easy to email Spotnitz and ask for his (and Carter's) support. Than maybe try our luck on Lance... and we could even check if it would be possible to get in contact with Terry O'Quinn via the LOST message boards (like Eth suggested a while back). He may be the biggest name attached to MM as of 2008.

Then follow the plan; write a letter + design a nice series of banner, ads and poster (this is the part where I could be useful) to send over to webzines, magazines, etc.

Guest Jim McLean
Did someone email or PM Graham? Once we know we can use TIWWA, it'll be easy to email Spotnitz and ask for his (and Carter's) support. Than maybe try our luck on Lance... and we could even check if it would be possible to get in contact with Terry O'Quinn via the LOST message boards (like Eth suggested a while back). He may be the biggest name attached to MM as of 2008.

I would be willing to bet Graham is aware of the campaign. He is The Old Man after all. Given we're asking for such big assistance, I don't really want to pressure the guy and let him answer in his own time. Hell, it might be an inner circle matter. In which case, once again, I feel its best to wait. Either way, I'm happy to wait for the site to make a call on this rather than pester. :)

Design is paramount Iaran. Particularly for PDFs and website design. If you've got the skills and the interest, please say yay. :)

As for the rest, that was my plan - once we know, erm, who we are, we look at drafting letters to move on the creative and related contacts - we really need some juicy support to give this as much media credibility as possible.

Laran,

As Blackoil has rightly suggested: enlisting the support of Philes would swell our coffers and boost the ranks but I wondered if Millennium gets any exposure on X-Files' boards? Do you think Philes would be interested in campaigning for any other movie than XF3.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Laurent.

right... I'm not sure. The only X-Files message board I visit is The X-Files Ultimate boards... and I was surprised how little interest people seem to have toward Fencewalker over there.

Anyway, it's worth trying. If we can have some nice banners, pictures, pdfs, slogans and a petition over at millennium-thisiswhoweare.net (all with the support from as many 1013 cast and crew as possible)... then advertise our project and interests on all (and in all languages) 1013, Millennium and X-Files message boards (there are so many... even the forums on imdb and tv.com are quite active) we're going to get a lot of people take notice!

Let's wait to see if Graham can afford to host this project on his website, then try contacting some big names in order to get properly started.

What do you guys think?