Back to Frank Black -- The Millennium Movie Campaign

Rate this topic

Guest lilblackgirl

Great suggestion Laran your exemplary translation skills will be a boon!

It is such a bugger as I only spoke to Tobias today and did not have the foresight to politely ask if he would consider lending his own skills to providing a German translation of, the as of yet, hypothetical campaign mandate. Knowing him as I do I know he will oblige us so I will PM him this instance. Am I correct in thinking Blackoil may be able to provide a Russian translation which could be, if they kindly agree, presented on his and Yatanis' related websites?

Best wishes,

Eth

Am I correct in thinking Blackoil may be able to provide a Russian translation which could be, if they kindly agree, presented on his and Yatanis' related websites?

No problem, I'll translate any pages in Russian. :)

Having German, English, French, Spanish, Russian pages we could really reach so many people! and we can make this compaign look truly global and international.

Guest Jim McLean

The good news is that Graham and TIWWA are happy to back such a campaign.

There is a singular condition - that the campaign is clean, professional and non-aggressive.

TIWWA has a reputation to carry and I'm sure we'll do it justice. Any attempts to co-ordinate any campaign attention by rude, disruptive or illegal means (youtube posting as one example from the hat) and we'll simply close the campaign from this end - Simple as that. TIWWA doesn't want any connection with such abrasive approaches to any campaign, no matter what attention it could bring. The site, Graham (and myself) would rather not bother if we go down that route. If anyone plays dirty, we'll just stop.

Might be a few days until we have got the pieces into place, so hang with us. In the meantime, anyone who is willing to help out in visuals or languages, let us know. Once we've got things sorted behind the scenes, we'll look at pooling information. If anyone has any ideas, throw them out. I'm a co-ordinator, not a one man crusader, this has to be a group effort (plus you guys will have skills, contacts and knowledge that far outstrips my own!)

As I said before, our first priorities will be drafting a good letter for representatives of Carter's production and a very simple website that we can run with language translations.

This is the most amazing news, welcome and exciting.

My thanks to Graham for offering his support and to Laredo for being receptive to the wave of respect his thoughts generated and the requests that he chair this project. It is understandable that both Graham and Laredo will need a few days to discuss the complexities of this but this feels like a truly exciting era for Millennium fans. My hope is that those who have expressed interest in such a campaign will step up to the plate and not disappoint. Graham and Laredo have, without doubt, served something of themselves in order that our wishes be granted and it is down to us to repay them with our support and effort. We accept that this is a longshot but as the mighty Churchill said "A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty."

It is time that Millennium made itself known.

It is time that we made ourselves known.

This is who we are.

Eth

• Elders (Moderators)

Words can't tell how happy I am right now! Thank you, Graham and Laredo! :bogie:

If there's anything I can do for the campaign, please let me know. I'd be more than willing (what an understatement) to help.

Fantastic news! I'd like to thank Graham and Laredo for their support and enthusiasm!

In the meantime, anyone who is willing to help out in visuals or languages, let us know.

I'm on board with language translations. :) Just let me know when you're ready.

It is time that Millennium made itself known.

It is time that we made ourselves known.

This is who we are.

Eth, amazing words! I hope together we can make our dream come true.

I would like to express my belated support for this campaign -- lost cause or not. :clapping:

The Facebook group reached 150 members very quickly in my opinion, if this is any sign! As for support by X-Files fans, it might be taken as a given, but in fact the most popular forums are more focused on Mulder/Duchovny and Scully/Anderson than anything else; a campaign for MM might have more success on horror/genre movies forums. I'd be happy to contribute help in translations (French, Spanish, Greek? I don't want to go ahead of myself here but I could bring people for Portuguese/Brazilian and Korean on the table as well) or help in some visuals. Provided I have spare time, of course...

Guest donkeyjote

I'm thrilled to hear such great news.

Laredo, please accept my sincere apologies for the youtube suggestion. It was definitely not one of my main points and was just a part of a quick brainstorming. Had I thought twice, I would not have included it. I am happy though that at least it served as an example of what NOT to do!

I repeat you have my full cooperation in this project; as I said, my first contribution will be with the Sp. translation. It would be an honor to be a part of this undertaking.

Edited by donkeyjote