Back to Frank Black -- The Millennium Movie Campaign

Rate this topic

Guest lilblackgirl

Laredo,

I have been digging around a little in Second Life and a 'Millennium Group' does indeed exist there. It has a small number of members and seems reserved to a circle of chums who may use it as a hub for a role playing game. It seems a fairy straightforward exercise to create a group that avatars can join so I am confident that should this ever get underway promoting this within Second Life would be both simple and effective.

Best wishes,

Eth

Guest Estrella_16
- Reach out to Philes, who -if anyone- should understand our cause because they have been in the same situation.

- Those of you w/contacts in the entertainment business, ummm, well... do what you must do. I'm an ignoramus from South America so don't know how Hollywood works. :p

HI donkeyjote! Where exactly are you from? I'm from Argentina and I was looking for some other fans from South America. :) All these ideas are great...we should let them know they're still fans out there ! :D

Guest notbadforahuman

this would be BEYOND amazing if it were to come to fruition. MAN, just the thought of this happening gives me goosebumps!

Guest TheTrustedSoldier

I am good to go! Now that I've finished watching all the Millennium episodes, I can honestly say I want a Millennium movie! This show that Carter created is gold! I will now begin saying my hail mary's for a movie.

Guest notbadforahuman

yeah, no kidding!

i want a millennium movie more than i wanted that XF2 bomb!! :( shame!

I hate to rain on anyone's parade especially given my own enthusiasm and vigour in regards to this topic but a quintessential aspect of this was that the success of XF2 was essential in providing the evidential support this campaign needed to convince the studio executives that a Millennium offering was a viable option. Sadly XF2 is struggling and my review of X-Files message boards has shown a large number of Philes who believe that the X-Files franchise is in jeopardy never mind our own, much beloved, less popular mythos. If XF2 has performed better all that has been espoused above would be conceivable but given the luke-warm response to the movie I fear that dear old Frank will languish in the doldrums forever.

Honestly, the tepid response to XF2 has made me miserable and despondent. I was willing this film on from the off in the hope that Millennium would ride on its coat tails but reality bites sadly....

Best wishes

Eth

Eth...my brother..we shall pine away our sorrow in a darkened pub, singing Danny Boy and drinking Ale till we barf....

premonitions sometimes ring true, and i am holding off vindicating my "glass is half empty" prediction that XF2 would generate a buzz worthy of a MillenniuM project until i see the international response, but i have to say, the pathetic numbers domestically are even more shocking than i anticipated....Frank is doomed to linger more in our memory than on the screen in the near future...

4th Horseman...

Guest Estrella_16
until i see the international response,

:) I was sensing the same as you, after talking with a canadian friend, some reviews out there just don't seem so good. :wha: But I came across a good one today, not to mention IMDB said IWTB was 7 out of 10! :wiggle: Its as subjective a matter as any other movie review would be, but I think we need to wait until it gets released in the rest of the world. This'll be a gradual process, and I assure u, when it hits here, I'll watch it as many times as money allows. :)

Just looking at Latin America release dates gives you a picture of how much time we need to wait BEFORE start panicking for Millenium. :D I think Peru or Urugay are scheduled to September/October. Not sure though...

For now, what I can only do is pray for those pple who have to wait that long, not to download it from the web :S Because that's the risk that comes along with the brilliant idea of making local releases instead of one, BIG world premiere. :headhurts: Even so, true fans will go to theathers for those who, out of desperation or simply because they don't care enough, choose to download it. I think I sounded a bit harsh, but if it were any other movie, I really wouldn't care you know...but it's the XFiles we're talking about :nahah: . AND Millenium's chance to make it on the big screen. :bogie:

In the end, we can make a difference. :hiya: I trust that Carter and his team won't let us down, especially after all this time. Millenium movie is a question of time too, I think. :ouroborous::alien:

Estrella