Back to Frank Black -- The Millennium Movie Campaign

Rate this topic

Guest lilblackgirl

Estrella....thanks for the concur...thats why i posted 28 independent reviews (from 1st to worst) last night...although the median rating was, if i remember a 48 out of 100...the highest was 88% from Chicago Sun Times (Roger Ebert) and the lowest was somewhere near 30% from the LA Times (liberal, commie rag, LOL)....anyway, i now return the favor and agree with you that it is subjective to the viewer. OF COURSE, X-Philes are going to carry pre-conceived prejudices into the theatre and will tend to overlook holes in the plot, etc...on the other hand, many of these reviewers are familiar more with the 9 seasons of X-Files and are attempting to compare IWTB to the mythos of the series when it is clearly stated that you dont have to be familiar with the characters to understand what the movie is about....in the end, as i have said, each of us will ultimately be judge, jury, and unfortunately quite possibly, the executioner...

4th Horseman

Guest Laurent.
I think a MillenniuM Movie may offset IWTB low numbers. If Carter can make a MM movie at cost lower than IWTB, i would be happy with that

It would be very possible. If they can pull out a good marketing campaign for a low budget movie, make it very dark and violent (that seems to sell a lot in this day and age) and avoid mentioning that it's another old Chris Carter series being revived on the big screen. I think a MM movie would be able to pull in a few bucks for FOX! Furthermore, I expect IWTB's dvd to sell a lot more than its theater tickets.. which would be good news for 1013.

we are back to square one again!!!...here is a close to real life scenario going on in the Executive offices at Fox.. PLEASE TAKE THIS AS TOUNGE IN CHEEK

wander in around 7am, and after a daily dose of Xanax or Valium, look at the receipts for the much anticipated X-Files movie and spit up the coffee you are drinking when you see 10 million dollars over 3 days..double up your dose of said medications...

have an emergency board meeting where you discuss what went wrong and berate those who thought it was a good idea, quite possibly firing them as well after taking away their perks...taking down your "I want to believe" posters in every exec's office as well..

fielding a phone call later in the day from someone, possibly Chris Carter inquiring about financing a low budget movie about the TV series "MillenniuM"...

investigating both how long the show lasted and its popularity numbers on neilsen...

discovering that MillenniuM lasted only 3 seasons while X-Files lasted 9, yet even with the greater popularity of X-Files only 1 in 5 or 6 seats were filled at any given time over the weekend at any given theatre, (with the possibility of the midnight showing at 12:01 am on Saturday)...

calling "MillenniuM's" representative back about their request and having to bite your lip to keep you from either doing one of 3 things..

1. curse hysterically at the absolute zero possibility

2. laugh hysterically at the absolute zero possibility

3. Sit in stunned silence at the disbelief that anyone would even considering asking

NOW THIS WAS POSTED AS A JOKE, but i am sure that today as i post this there are some worried executives at Fox whose LAST idea would be to finance, even lower than the 35 million that X-Files cost, a spinoff of a show that has obviously lost a substantial portion of its domestic fanbase...and even with that loss, there are still more x-files fans amongst the general population than MillenniuM fans...i was talking to a father of a kid on my son's baseball team about the x-files movie and he told me he NEVER missed an episode when it was on TV, but was not planning to see the movie till it reached DVD status. "Its been so long since i watched that show" was his reply. When i asked him if he had heard of MillenniuM, he actually said "I've heard about it, but have never seen it"...so there is certainly not a guaranteed crossover fanbase between xf and millennium...

maybe the foreign receipts will be better...lets hope so..

p.s. anyone replying to this defensively or in anger, GET A LIFE, I WAS JUST KIDDING...just trying to bring some humor...

Guest Laurent.

Not sure it would be this extreme but I agree. :fool:

That's why I think CC should try to sell it as a brand new project, like a darker, more personal, CSI movie. The series has been dead for too long, sadly.

But the studio will probably also worry about having an "old" actor as the star.. that's not going to bring the Saw fans to a MM movie.

I really think that this movie would sell as a Frank Black Horror Movie not a MillenniuM Movie. As you all point out there are alot of people out there that hs no idea about MillenniuM. This movie needs to be given a treatment that allows death-darkness-horror-torture. Of course Frank Black will be the central character. People want to be scared. Disturbing images is what people want to pay for. Then there will be word of mouth. THis is what happen to the Blair Witch Project, the success it had was through word of mouth. In the hopes for this movie to happen Carter and Co need to brand this movie is a big fat R

We dont need teens to like Frank Black, we want teens to sneak in to see him. He also needs tp employ the help he had with the series. So lets not get down over IWTB, this is the perfect stepping stone to get this Viral Promotion off the GRound.

you guys might have a good idea about dis-associating this project with the x-files and allow it to stand on its own..but Joe,,people "sneaking" in to see Frank w/o paying??? That only hurts the box office numbers..LOL..

4th Horseman

you guys might have a good idea about dis-associating this project with the x-files and allow it to stand on its own..but Joe,,people "sneaking" in to see Frank w/o paying??? That only hurts the box office numbers..LOL..

4th Horseman

Hey, i did it as a kid........it made me ask my dad or brother to take me in order to see a R rated movie. This actually happen with me to see the Amityville Horror. My brother end up taking me :fool:

• Elders (Admins)
I think a MillenniuM Movie may offset IWTB low numbers. If Carter can make a MM movie at cost lower than IWTB, i would be happy with that

That's an interesting point you hit on Joe, if the XF2 got a low budget Millennium would surely receive far less which would spell disaster.