New Millennium Comic

Rate this topic

Rhysan

• Elders (Admins)

Fifteen years ago, the end of the world-the anticipated "Millennium Event"-was avoided thanks to the efforts of Frank Black and FBI agents Fox Mulder and Dana Scully. Or was it? Frank's psychic gifts have been showing him that evil has continued to grow unabated in the world, and he's trying his best to ignore it. But soon the resurgence of the Millennium Group and their quest to find Frank's daughter Jordan will pull him into the fray once again whether he likes it or not!

Id prefer if he wasn't but I remember quite a few instances where Frank was getting visions that in no way could be attributed (via level of accurate detail) to an intensive rational evaluation of evidence. From the pilot where he knew exactly how the girl was killed from opener without looking at body through Single Blade of Grass (I seem to remember a bunch of visions in that one). Maybe im wrong but I always felt Carter saying 'he's not psychic' was backpedalling as they had set it up that way, maybe by mistake in S1 but by S2 they seemed to just run with it. I agree with the 'no psychic' sentiment though, would make the character much more interesting that just having a silly magic power which diminishes Franks critical prowess.

• Like 2

Id prefer if he wasn't but I remember quite a few instances where Frank was getting visions that in no way could be attributed (via level of accurate detail) to an intensive rational evaluation of evidence. From the pilot where he knew exactly how the girl was killed from opener without looking at body through Single Blade of Grass (I seem to remember a bunch of visions in that one). Maybe im wrong but I always felt Carter saying 'he's not psychic' was backpedalling as they had set it up that way, maybe by mistake in S1 but by S2 they seemed to just run with it. I agree with the 'no psychic' sentiment though, would make the character much more interesting that just having a silly magic power which diminishes Franks critical prowess.

Agree, he seemed to be psychic (Pilot and some other episodes) but that was not the intention of carter. Maybe it was a mistake...

Specially in season 2 i had the impression and of course in the pilot where he knew exactly how the girl was killed from opener without looking at body through Single Blade of Grass...

• Like 1

With different producers, multiple writers and directors throughout the series, I'm sure I can speak for all of us that there's a lot of things that didn't agree with each other between episodes and seasons. I also wonder if Carter had a say-so all the time about the series.

I prefer to call Franks "gift/curse" more of spiritual visions, and like so many profilers, the ability to think like, and look into, the criminal's minds. It's something we all could do if we were trained profilers, and in Frank's case, he had that extra insight, which as I said, I call spiritual vision. I think he's seeing the criminal's spirit more then being in his or her mind, and in the spirit there is a lot of symbolism, which can be confusing if you don't understand it. For example, spiritually speaking, a horse is the symbol of strength and power.

• Like 2

With different producers, multiple writers and directors throughout the series, I'm sure I can speak for all of us that there's a lot of things that didn't agree with each other between episodes and seasons. I also wonder if Carter had a say-so all the time about the series.

I prefer to call Franks "gift/curse" more of spiritual visions, and like so many profilers, the ability to think like, and look into, the criminal's minds. It's something we all could do if we were trained profilers, and in Frank's case, he had that extra insight, which as I said, I call spiritual vision. I think he's seeing the criminal's spirit more then being in his or her mind, and in the spirit there is a lot of symbolism, which can be confusing if you don't understand it. For example, spiritually speaking, a horse is the symbol of strength and power.

Yeah, that´s it Darlene - spiritual visions, thank you!!! what would I do without you?unsure.gif happy.gif

• Like 2

All, here is my review of the second issue. I would love to know if you agree or disagree.

https://thex-fileslexicon.blogspot.com/2015/03/benjamins-millennial-compendium-comics-2.html

I totally agree with this quote ~

“You of all people should understand that whatever’s running away from you is also leading you somewhere.” My skin crawled.

My skin crawled too...wow

Excellent review Ben...:540:

• Like 2