FRANK BLACK RETURNS IN X FILES 2

Rate this topic

• Elders (Moderators)

Found by someone at the Haven:

Movieblog: https://www.themovieblog.com/2007/12/lance-...ot-in-x-files-2

All those hoping to see the return of Frank Black better go out and buy the 'Millennium' DVD sets. Despite all the speculated rumors that Lance Henriksen was going to be cast in 'The X-Files 2′ film as his character from the 'X-Files' spin-off, 'Millennium,' it turns out that the rumors were NOT true. According to a very trusted source who has spoken to Mr.Henriksen recently, in his conversation with him Lance revealed that he will not be involved with the new 'X-files' film, and that the rumors have blown way out of proportion.

I was very disappointed hearing this news, but that doesn't mean the new film will be awful without him. (Besides, the rumor seemed like a fanboy's wet dream anyways) Frank Black, you will be missed. :(

One response from another Havenite to this news was:

There goes the sci-fi geek/Scandinavian/middle aged demographic. Bummer.

Make of that what you will!

There's some more info that's come out today, but I'll post that over on the XF2 thread.

Guest MyDarkSide

Ahh, Carter & Spotnitz should just throw caution to the wind!!! The movie opens in 2008 on the setting of the MSB Agency, a consulting firm that handles hard to solve, unusual cases with it's primary heads, Mulder, Scully and Black handling the casework. Folks from XF/Millennium such as Roedecker could round out the MSB Agency Staff.

Guest Sinestro

Well, this post certainly was wonderful to see on my first occasion to grace this forum in a long, long time. I DO believe Frank Black will be in the film and that he will have a role bigger than a cameo. The story is supposed to be a horror/thriller. I would hope his character has a huge, pivotal role.

I don't think FOX will give him the Sideshow Bob treatment they did in The Simpsons movie.

Edited by Sinestro

Well, I for one am just thrilled at the thought of seeing Scully & Mulder again!

Let's now put a new item on our wish list........ :praying:

:notworthy: Lance as Frank having the whole show for himself in a Millennium movie! We all know he's stated being quite willing to do such a film!

Guest Sinestro

The long awaited MillenniuM movie could have been what Lance was smirking about from the original story in this post.

I mean, if Firefly gets Serenity and Futurama gets a four movie deal (albeit straight to dvd), then how can they shun MillenniuM any longer? Everytime I go to Best Buy, they barely have any of the three MM sets in stock. Wal Mart and Target do not seem to have them in stock, either. I know that FOX knows there would be a profitable gain in making the film. The important thing would be to have Carter at the helm and weave a nice, short back story for the character and show for people who do not know who Frank is.

Edited by Sinestro

The long awaited MillenniuM movie could have been what Lance was smirking about from the original story in this post.

I mean, if Firefly gets Serenity and Futurama gets a four movie deal (albeit straight to dvd), then how can they shun MillenniuM any longer? Everytime I go to Best Buy, they barely have any of the three MM sets in stock. Wal Mart and Target do not seem to have them in stock, either. I know that FOX knows there would be a profitable gain in making the film. The important thing would be to have Carter at the helm and weave a nice, short back story for the character and show for people who do not know who Frank is.

As much as I love MM, I understand that stores don't stock it, because there isn't demand for it. It's almost 2008. Be glad that you have the good taste to have enjoyed it, but I'm not holding my breath that it will return - and if it should return could it possibly live up to our expectations? I doubt it.

Guest Sinestro

Well, things could change in regards to a possible role for Lance in the new X-Files feature.

I am still going to hold out hope that he will be in it.

But regardless, if he's not in it, Terry O'Quinn has to have a part as some newly written character. Afterall, he IS Mr. 1013. Plus, he's got the time due to LOST being affected by the writer's strike.

Edited by Sinestro