Millennium Skype Chat Group - Millennium: The Family

Rate this topic

Wow, I'm the one with the power, yee ha yippee.

Nope, not season 2, sorry Spook.

Mark, I bet you're shocked since my number one favorite is in season 2.

However, I am going to pick one of my favorites, and I know one of the favorites of many members. And to keep it fun, please, no one mention it, make everyone look at the spoiler.

"The Oracle" has spoken. :suspect:

"The Sound of Snow" in honor of Mark Snow's new CD, "The Lone Gunmen/Harsh Realm," that I personally can't get enough of.

Yes! Do I win a prize folks. Anthony asked me when the next chat would be and I told him the coming Friday and that Darlene was choosing the episode. As I wrote those words I just knew it would be "The Sound of Snow" - I wish I had had the foresight to have made my prediction in print so that I could wow you all with my amazing powers of metalism (otherwise known as a lucky guess).

Sounds good to me a folks, it's a great episode and well worth a revisit for the chap.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

Now you will very well not believe me, but I thought Darlene would pick a Season 3 episode. So I was warm. :thumbsup:

I think we have some new people on Facebook interested in joining in with the talk next Friday. :thumbsup:

We sure do. Paul from Facebook will be joining the fun so I'll PM his skype details over to you Richard as soon as I have them. I know you good people will make him very welcome as it is his first time and allow him plenty of opportunity to join in.

There could be a couple more listening in and chatting with us via the text option so I'll let you all know as soon as I know for sure.

Eth

Mark, you ruined my spoiler fun. :bash: Not surprised that you knew which one I would pick, we very often think along the same lines, especially when it comes to music. :hug2:

I originally wanted to pick The Mikado, or Borrowed Time, but the sound of Mark Snow's new CD won my heart. It's awesome. :thumbsup:

Richard, yes, warm is very good. :wink:

I've already done some research on the different noises, but it took awhile finding explanations that we all could understand, especially me. Most of them were very technical. I also made a few notes on the episode, copied and pasted the trivia, but I especially have one particular thing in the episode that I want to share that gets overlooked or even forgotten. Bet I've got your interest now. :wiggle:

And me. I have to confess that something that Patrick shared in his interview has clarified the episode a little for me also so I'm looking forward to discussing that with you all folks. I watched the episode yesterday and it still has the power to affect you, for all the right reasons, despite having seen it countless times. The ending is just beautiful.

Eth

Yes, it does have the power to affect us Mark, and it's because we witness people's spirits receive not just healing, but peace. You can have closure, but peace is different. It's being able to get up, and walk with a smile on your face, no longer grieving for the loss, but thankful that you had the time together, however long or short.

An excerpt from one of my favorite writings by William Wordsworth, Ode: Intimations of Immortality -

What though the radiance which was once so bright

Be now for ever taken from my sight,

Though nothing can bring back the hour

Of splendour in the grass, of glory in the flower;

We will grieve not, rather find

Strength in what remains behind

Guest WaveCrest

I'm probably going to watch "The Sound of Snow" tomorrow night. Do I need to watch it before reading the interview with Patrick Harbinson?

I wouldn't say it was necessary my friend, I don't think there's particular spoilers in the episode and I would assume the big element of the episode (i.e. who's in it) will be known to you by now. I expect this will be a very interesting debate as I know a lot of people really are passionate about this episode.

I'm very much looking forward to it.

Eth