Millennium Skype Chat Group - Millennium: The Family

Rate this topic

I don't think I was around because I honestly don't remember this discussion.

Naturally Mark, for my first choice I have to go with your brother's favorite, The Haunting (1963) with Julie Harris, Claire Bloom, Richard Johnson, and Russ Tamblyn. It scared the bejeepers out of me too when I first saw it.

My second choice is Dracula (1979) starring Frank Langella, Laurence Olivier, Donald Pleasence and Kat Nelligan. Yes, the original Bela Lugosi is the all-time classic Dracula, but I believed Frank Langella's performance more then anyone else's. His handsome charm won me over.

We need a Dracula Emoticon. All we have is a small :bat:

I couldn't see the end of Awake (2007) with Hayden Christensen. Turned it off when he was on the table and didn't do a lot of sleeping that night. :w00t:

These are great folks. Keep your suggestions coming as you can never have enough horror can you. I though The Haunting would make the list. It still is one of the most atmospheric of ghost stories and few have bettered it. Here's my list for now....

70's - Suspiria, Black Christmas, Halloween, The Exorcist

80's - Friday 13th, Sleepaway Camp, Re-Animator, The Thing (there are hundreds I love so I had to stop myself here)

90's - Funny Games, The Ugly, Candyman, The Blair Witch Project

00's - Hostel, Martyrs, Turistas, Donkey Punch

There, I think just about covers it for me.

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

70's:

Black Christmas (1974) - if not used for the Halloween chat, maybe for a festive horror films chat?

Dracula AD 1972

Halloween (1978)

Love how you put that Richard, a festive horror films chat, lol just love the sound of that.. (((((HUGS)))))) :Pottsie:

80's:

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - although the DVD is I think still cut. The Region 2 disc has an audio problem (read about this on a DVD discussion forum)

Silent Night, Deadly Night - again, see Black Christmas above

Silent Scream (1980)

90's:

Uncle Sam (1994)

Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994).

Guest WaveCrest

Is the next regular chat the Halloween one on 29th October, or we having a regular Millennium chat on 22nd October (a fortnight after last Friday's "Lamentation" chat)?

I think it's this Friday, a mini chat, we all watch a horror film, if you can and it can be whatever you happen to see on TV or something you already own and you talk about it for 5 mins or so, tell us about it, what you thought about it, and if you would recommend it to others.

And Mark will draw out of the hat a film that we have a major discussion on the 29th...well, and Curse of Frank Black, and probably other horror films, since we do often go on tangents ;)

I'll throw a few in the hat now:

60s: Night of the Living Dead, Psycho

70s: The Legend of Hell House, Texas Chain Saw Massacre, Alien

80s: Night of the Creeps, Creepshow, The Stepfather, Child's Play, Fright Night, Hellraiser

90s: Jacob's Ladder, Scream, Cube

00s: Slither, Severance, The Descent, Dagon, Silent Hill