Millennium Skype Chat Group - Millennium: The Family

Rate this topic

I don't have it to watch, but someone needs to see "Charlie Brown and the Great Pumpkin." Just for fun of course. :wtf:

I have no clue what to watch and contribute, but it's a great idea Mark. :clapping:

Sure hope Ms :ghost2: and :Pottsie: can make it.

There's no earth or nut in the Emoticons, so I guess I'll have to be a boring "wacko" :wacko: for now.

Mark, could you repeat what was the plan for the horror pick...we all make just one suggestion and you draw out of a hat.

Now, it would be cool to be able to pick our favorites from a few decades, (60s), 70s, 80s and 90s...not much happening in the 00s outside a few ones.

Kara suggested we each watch a horror film and tell others what they thought about it in 5 minutes or so, is that the plan for next Friday when the Halloween pick will be made?

I just want to be on the same page, what we agreed on...

Hi Josef,

I'll try and clarify it. I have a list of horror films and the plan is select one of these at random and make that our 'film to watch' in the next few weeks so that we can discuss it on the Halloween Chat. It will be drawn out of a hat from the list on the coming Friday so that we all have a few weeks in which to view it.

I like the idea of running a poll of some kind to find the best horror film from each of the decades. I haven't fathomed quite how that's going to be done yet but I will have by the end of the weekend. The results of the poll with be announced at the Halloween chat and we can have a chat abou the results as well.

The latter suggestion form Kara I'm assuming is how you explained it. We all choose a horror film and watch it before Friday and use our five minutes of allotted time to review it.

I think that's everything covered. :thumbsup:

Eth

Guest SpooktalkGiGi

Im confused but throw a horror movie at me from any of those decades and i can talk about it. :makingeyes: I picked The Exorcist. :Pottsie: to chat about. I can also do

Rosemary's Baby

Amityville Horror

Halloween

Friday the 13th

Salem's Lot (original)

Hellraiser and too many more to list. lol :makingeyes:

I have a list of a few but that doesn't take into account that Darlene wasn't around when the suggestions were being made and I don't recall if you were or not. The more suggestions we get the better so if you'd like to add to the list then please do. Make as many suggestions as you like.

Eth

Guest WaveCrest

70's:

Black Christmas (1974) - if not used for the Halloween chat, maybe for a festive horror films chat?

Dracula AD 1972

Halloween (1978)

80's:

A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) - although the DVD is I think still cut. The Region 2 disc has an audio problem (read about this on a DVD discussion forum)

Silent Night, Deadly Night - again, see Black Christmas above

Silent Scream (1980)

90's:

Uncle Sam (1994)

Wes Craven's New Nightmare (1994).